When it comes to choosing a design for your living space, modern is a great choice. Using clean lines and minimal décor are great ways to create dynamic spaces that are elegant and simple. Before you start shopping for living room sets in Atlanta , there are a few things you should know about creating the perfect modern space:
- Stick with neutral colors for the walls and floors. When it comes to a modern design, it’s all about the details. Keep the paint color on the walls light and soft. White, grey, cream, and beige are all great options. Be sure to keep your flooring nondescript as well. If you have bright, shaggy carpet, it will take away from the focal points that you want in other parts of the room.
- Choose furniture with clean angles. The cleaner the lines, the better. There are many styles that can be modern, elegant and comfortable. Try to find pieces that are darker in color. For example, dark gray sofas will pop against the lighter colored walls and floor, creating a focal point.
- Add your personality through art work. There are many of different art styles and pieces that you can choose for your walls. This is a great opportunity for you to bring some color to the room. By choosing art pieces that speak to you, your room will feel more like you.
- Light up the room. When it comes to choosing light fixtures, you can’t go wrong with recessed lighting and table lamps. If you are looking to light up some dark corners, choose floor lamps that are thin around the base.
- Don’t clutter the space with too many accessories. Modern design is all about simple and clean. However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t add a few pieces here and there. Throw pillows and blankets can be used to add pops of color or texture. Vases, books, and candles can be put on tables and shelves to add a bit of décor. Keep it sparse, though. Scatter these items throughout the room to keep it minimalistic.
Choosing to create a modern living space in your Atlanta home is a great way to make it stand out against the traditional Southern architecture. By choosing the perfect living room furniture, you are well on your way to creating a space that is minimalistic, clean, and completely your own.